Likes: Libraries, old books, anthropology (linguistic, cultural and biological), history (particularly Asian and South-American), languages, neuropsychology (this one is the love of my life), school, 'pure' people, statistics, science magazines, JSTOR, finding research paper topics and reading the relevant literature, anime, manga, pajamas, pillows.
Dislikes: Crowds, loud music (consequently, people who walk around in the subway while I can hear their music), group projects, intellectual dishonesty, stupidity, lack of curiosity, overemotional people, exercising, having to take action, vegetables, people who try to drag me to clubs or bars (even if I was old enough), housekeeping tasks, spelling and grammar mistakes, depending on others, bullies, exhortation, people who still can't use proper referencing styles after two years of college, people who can't appreciate sarcasm, being called an overachiever, people who call me smart and then have a pathetic attempt at manipulating me.
Dreams: To learn, if that counts. Otherwise, nothing in particular.
Fears: I've always had a fear of not being smart anymore. This fear has been worse ever since I read "Flowers for Algernon." I'm also afraid of stupid people (don't ask) and terrified of losing my glasses (I've had them for so long that I feel naked without them).
- My intrinsic curiosity.
- Childish enthusiasm.
- Good memory and observation skills.
- Ability to adapt to new situations.
- Good control of my emotions.
- I am skillful at manipulation when circumstances demand it.
- My objectivity and rapidity when it comes to crisis situations.
- I'm actually (surprisingly) trustworthy.
- Strong logic.
- Sometimes (most of the time), people can't seem to be able to tell whether I'm serious or not.
- Sometimes outwardly flighty while in reality I'm sedate.
- Arrogance, cynicism and sarcasm.
- I tend to avoid all action and resort to hiding inside my own mind.
- Inability to trust (one of those "kid who skipped a grade gets bullied" stories).
- I'm physically weak.
- I forget to do things that are related to 'real life' (turning my library books in on time, changing out of my slippers when I leave the house, birthdays, etc).
- I'm often unable to muster deep attachments to other people.
- I tend to be very blunt, even when people are looking for emotional support.
- I'm easily bored and need constant mental stimulation.
- I'm messy (and I don't clean up after myself).
Three positive adjectives: Analytical, curious, knowledgeable.
Three negative adjectives: Bored, arrogant, lazy.
Personality in a word: Strange.
General mood: A mix of boredom and curiosity
Optimist or pessimist? Pessimist.
Impulsive or cautious? On the surface, I am cautious because I tend to over-think my decisions. However, in many cases, my final decisions are based on a whim.
Mature or immature? Both. I'm mature in that I know where I'm at in my life and in that I know when to be serious, but also immature in that I find it very hard to curb my negative behavior towards others.
Extroverted or introverted? Introverted.
Leader or follower? I'm a natural leader, but will only take that place if I deem it necessary.
Emotional or collected? Collected.
Patient or impatient? Impatient.
Confident or modest? Neither.
Low, normal or high energy level? Low in presence of other people, very high when I'm in the process of learning something.
Morning person or not? Late evenings and early mornings. I creep people out by my ability to sleep very little and still function better than they do.
Favourite character and why: ... Kenshin :D He's adorable.
Least favourite character and why: Kaoru. She annoys me.
Favourite pairing and why: I... hadn't thought about that. >.< I don't know.
Favourite arc and why: All of them~
Favourite song and why: I prefer classical music... Shostakovich is more my type than the music from RK.
Anything else? Not really.
Links to voted applications: